Finding humor in an imperfect life while
We are living in strange times. Perhaps (hopefully) the strangest times we will ever see in our lives. All of a sudden our busy, busy world is at a virtual standstill and a large part of us now have time on our hands as we social distance. As much as we have craved free time or fantasized about what we would do if we had it, some of us are finding ourselves at lose ends and overwhelmed.
So, I have thrown together a list of 41 activities to help fill the hours, hopefully give you with some happy memories, and help you do some self care during this scary time.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means that by purchasing through a link below we may earn a small commission to help our small business continue running - at no additional cost to you!!
1. Start a journal. This is one I began almost as soon as we went into quarantine and I have really enjoyed. I’m hoping that one day my kids (who may not remember the details) or grandkids will value it. I hope that one day I get to look back on it from better days!
You can grab one like this on Amazon --->>> Soft Cover Journal
2. Prayer. Even if it’s been a long time since God heard from you. He’s listening. Get quiet and spend some time with Him.
3. Write an “old school” letter to friends and family. Grab some great stationary here --->>> Hallmark Stationary
4. You know all of those recipes on Pinterest we pin but never have time to make? Now’s the time. If you can, find a few that use ingredients you already have to minimize grocery trips.
5. Clean out your email box. Get rid of the junk. Set up folders. Get rid of the thousand emails listing every single company’s response to
6. Find a great workout video on YouTube and do it. We’ve all got to fight the Quarantine 15 from stress and boredom eating. I'm fighting this battle hard y'all. The stress eating is REAL.
7. Listen to your favorite music. Bonus points if you crank it loud, recruit your family and have a dance party.
8. Host a prayer meeting online. My husband has been doing this within our church’s volunteer facebook group and it has been a blessing! Zoom is a great tool for this - available in your app store.
9. Paint. Since I also own a painting company this is a go-to therapy for me. Paint a canvas. Paint a room. Paint furniture. Something about the easy transformation is good for the soul. Here’s a link for a great set of acrylics--->>> Shuttle Art Acrylic Paint Set
10. Read a book. The NY public library is offering thousands available for download. Visit their website here ---->>>https://www.nypl.org/